Tired of sifting through CFRs and NMC checklists wondering if you have enough sea time or completed the necessary requirements for an upgrade? Have you experienced delays or even have a license expire due to an issue with a previous application?
Diamond Marine Services offers a unique service with former National Maritime Center evaluators on our credential consulting team.
Once you partner with our consulting team, Diamond Marine Services will:
- Ensure you apply for the highest possible credential
- Pre-fill any required forms so all you have to do is sign the application
- Collect, organize, and prepare all medical, drug test, sea service, and course completion certificates for submission
- Vet your application prior to submission to ensure all forms are properly filled out
- Pay any USCG evaluation and issuance fees (optional)
- Electronically file your application directly with the USCG
- Reduce hassle by handling communication with the NMC on your behalf
- Represent you through a formal appeal process, if necessary
Diamond Marine Services not only takes all the hassle out of applying for an original license, raise-in-grade, modification or renewal, we formally evaluate your application by a professional using the same process as the NMC. We submit your credential with the USCG and support you until it is issued.
How does this work?
We keep our costs low by handling the entire process electronically. From document collection to application submission, everything is done online. Paper applications submitted to our office are subject to extra charges. Throughout the process, our staff is available via email, phone or text to help you along the way. Most applications follow this basic system:
- Determine what tier your application falls into (see info below) and pay the corresponding consulting fee to Diamond Marine Services.
- Proceed to our START submission page to transmit all the required information for us to begin putting together your application.
- Receive a fully completed application for simple signature capture.
- Coordinate the payment of appropriate USCG fees with our staff.
- Work closely with our experienced evaluators to close any open items that may prevent submission.
- Diamond Marine Services staff then transmits your application to the USCG on your behalf and remains available for you until you are either approved to test, or if no test is required, until your credential is issued!
Check out some recent reviews of our credentialing service
Excellent work on my complicated application
Sam and the crew crushed it on securing my 200 Ton masters.
I personally had a complicated application with deadline needs and various moving parts. They reviewed all the paperwork and caught all the mistakes before sending it out and getting it done in a very timely manner.
Customer service and communication was top notch.
I have been and will be recommending them to all professional mariners.
What a Relief!
Sam’s assistance in navigating the USCG and Homeland Security system of twists and turns was so worth the price. Anyone looking to obtain their MMC need look no further. This is your one stop shop for assistance. THANK YOU!
I cannot thank DMS enough. They tutored me along the way, and flawlessly handled all transactions with the MMC/USCG. Couldn’t have done it without them.
Sam was a pleasure to work with,. He was very knowledgeable and friendly. I am glad I found Diamond Marine Services to help me take my captain’s license online exams but also process the entire US Coast Guard application. which went smoothly.. Thanks to their help, I just received my 100 GRT license in the mail today. Would recommend their services to anyone serious about getting their license quickly!
DMS took all the guess work out of it. Getting it right the first time was so worth it and made for a smooth process.
How much does this cost?
The cost of our service depends on the application we are preparing on your behalf. The consulting fees are broken out into three tiers. At the bottom of this page, you can choose additional optional services.
- Original Entry Level MMC to include OS, Wiper, Steward’s Department and Food Handler
- Duplicate Credential
- Original MMC with a rating such as AB, QMED, Lifeboatman, Tankerman
- Renewal of any credential with rating endorsements and/or officer endorsements
- Modification or Increase-In-Scope- Any rating or officer endorsement
- Raise-In-Grade – Officer endorsements
- Original MMC – Officer endorsements
Ready to submit your information?
What if I only need some guidance?
Are you are considering an upgrade or renewal and not quite sure if you have enough sea service? Do you want to upgrade your credential in the future and want some guidance as to what can you do to prepare or what you qualify for? If so, then you should check out our SEA SERVICE EVALUATION.
Enable our staff to process the appropriate USCG application & issuance fees on your behalf. The exact amount of the fee for your application will be coordinated with you prior to submission.
Sea Service Evaluation
The Sea Service Evaluation allows you to submit sea service records as a first step to see what credential you qualify for. It may also be used to answer the question: “if I want to go for a higher license, how much time and on what tonnage does it have to be for me to qualify?”
NOTE: $100 CREDIT will be issued towards a future application!
RUSH 48 – 2 Business Day turnaround
The RUSH fee guarantees a fully prepared application for USCG submission within 2 business days. Application submission is only possible if the mariner provides us with all required documentation and presumes the submitted information is in order.
Records Request Service
This optional service enables the credential consulting team to request records of previously submitted certificates and applications from the National Maritime Center on your behalf
Scanning & Handling Service
Paper application processing option for mariners that prefer to mail supporting documentation to our office