Tired of sifting through CFRs and NMC checklists wondering if you have enough sea time or completed the necessary requirements for an upgrade? Have you experienced delays or even have a license expire due to an issue with a previous application?
Diamond Marine Services offers a unique service with former National Maritime Center evaluators on our credential consulting team.
Once you partner with our consulting team, Diamond Marine Services will:
- Ensure you apply for the highest possible credential
- Pre-fill any required forms so all you have to do is sign the application
- Collect, organize, and prepare all medical, drug test, sea service, and course completion certificates for submission
- Vet your application prior to submission to ensure all forms are properly filled out
- Pay any USCG evaluation and issuance fees (optional)
- Electronically file your application directly with the USCG
- Reduce hassle by handling communication with the NMC on your behalf
- Represent you through a formal appeal process, if necessary
Diamond Marine Services not only takes all the hassle out of applying for an original license, raise-in-grade, modification or renewal, we formally evaluate your application by a professional using the same process as the NMC. We submit your credential with the USCG and support you until it is issued.
How does this work?
We keep our costs low by handling the entire process electronically. From document collection to application submission, everything is done online. Paper applications submitted to our office are subject to extra charges. Throughout the process, our staff is available via email, phone or text to help you along the way. Most applications follow this basic system:
- Determine what tier your application falls into (see info below) and pay the corresponding consulting fee to Diamond Marine Services.
- Proceed to our START submission page to transmit all the required information for us to begin putting together your application.
- Receive a fully completed application for simple signature capture.
- Coordinate the payment of appropriate USCG fees with our staff.
- Work closely with our experienced evaluators to close any open items that may prevent submission.
- Diamond Marine Services staff then transmits your application to the USCG on your behalf and remains available for you until you are either approved to test, or if no test is required, until your credential is issued!
Check out some recent reviews of our credentialing service
1600 ton Master/10000 Tom OSV/Master of Towing Oceans
Can’t say enough about these guys. Affordable, easy to work with, Professional!!! They simply take away all the hassle! Snap, click, send! It really was that easy. Oh! And they monitor your renewals. Just forget about it. You get notified.
5 Stars to the Second Power
My overall experience with Diamond Marine Services and their affiliated partners was perfect ! Sam went out of his way on several occasions to not only answer complex licensing questions but ensure that the licensing process was stress free. The TOAR course was fantastic, filled with lots of hands-on practical assessments. The entire crew at Diamond Marine Services were extremely knowledgeable, polite, and professional. I would strongly recommend Diamond Marine services for all of you licensing needs.
This was a great class with plenty of opportunities to ask questions and to get amazing hands on experience. Sam and Birk were great to work with and made the whole process seamless. Their commitment to their customers doesn’t just end with the TOAR Class, they are more then willing to answer any questions that someone might have about licensing and the confusing process that come with working with the USCG. I will absolutely be recommending this class/their services to anyone that needs it.
Best place for TOAR Assessment
If you’re looking to get your TOAR, Diamond Marine Services will take care of you from beginning to end and even after. DMS is operated and owned by exceptionally competent, experienced, and qualified Mariners that offer training and consultation services. From first contact, they will make the whole process clear and simple.
What you get is a professional, patient, and thorough assessment. The TOAR assessment is conducted in an ideal location that is conveniently and easily accessible with lodging accommodations close by.
So if you need help with your TOAR or consultation on charting your own path the through the maritime industry, I would definitely recommend checking them out.
Professional and Helpful
So glad about hiring Diamond Marine to help me obtain my TOAR certification. Sam is super knowledgeable about the Maritime business and very helpful with any questions you throw at him. Captain Birk and the crew were just as professional, informative, and took the time to thoroughly train us. Five stars from me.
How much does this cost?
The cost of our service depends on the application we are preparing on your behalf. The consulting fees are broken out into three tiers. At the bottom of this page, you can choose additional optional services.
- Original Entry Level MMC to include OS, Wiper, Steward’s Department and Food Handler
- Duplicate Credential
- Original MMC with a rating such as AB, QMED, Lifeboatman, Tankerman
- Renewal of any credential with rating endorsements and/or officer endorsements
- Modification or Increase-In-Scope- Any rating or officer endorsement
- Raise-In-Grade – Officer endorsements
- Original MMC – Officer endorsements
Ready to submit your information?
What if I only need some guidance?
Are you are considering an upgrade or renewal and not quite sure if you have enough sea service? Do you want to upgrade your credential in the future and want some guidance as to what can you do to prepare or what you qualify for? If so, then you should check out our SEA SERVICE EVALUATION.
Enable our staff to process the appropriate USCG application & issuance fees on your behalf. The exact amount of the fee for your application will be coordinated with you prior to submission.
Sea Service Evaluation
The Sea Service Evaluation allows you to submit sea service records as a first step to see what credential you qualify for. It may also be used to answer the question: “if I want to go for a higher license, how much time and on what tonnage does it have to be for me to qualify?”
NOTE: $100 CREDIT will be issued towards a future application!
RUSH 48 – 2 Business Day turnaround
The RUSH fee guarantees a fully prepared application for USCG submission within 2 business days. Application submission is only possible if the mariner provides us with all required documentation and presumes the submitted information is in order.
Records Request Service
This optional service enables the credential consulting team to request records of previously submitted certificates and applications from the National Maritime Center on your behalf
Scanning & Handling Service
Paper application processing option for mariners that prefer to mail supporting documentation to our office