Tired of sifting through CFRs and NMC checklists wondering if you have enough sea time or completed the necessary requirements for an upgrade? Have you experienced delays or even have a license expire due to an issue with a previous application?
Diamond Marine Services offers a unique service with former National Maritime Center evaluators on our credential consulting team.
Once you partner with our consulting team, Diamond Marine Services will:
- Ensure you apply for the highest possible credential
- Pre-fill any required forms so all you have to do is sign the application
- Collect, organize, and prepare all medical, drug test, sea service, and course completion certificates for submission
- Vet your application prior to submission to ensure all forms are properly filled out
- Pay any USCG evaluation and issuance fees (optional)
- Electronically file your application directly with the USCG
- Reduce hassle by handling communication with the NMC on your behalf
- Represent you through a formal appeal process, if necessary
Diamond Marine Services not only takes all the hassle out of applying for an original license, raise-in-grade, modification or renewal, we formally evaluate your application by a professional using the same process as the NMC. We submit your credential with the USCG and support you until it is issued.
How does this work?
We keep our costs low by handling the entire process electronically. From document collection to application submission, everything is done online. Paper applications submitted to our office are subject to extra charges. Throughout the process, our staff is available via email, phone or text to help you along the way. Most applications follow this basic system:
- Determine what tier your application falls into (see info below) and pay the corresponding consulting fee to Diamond Marine Services.
- Proceed to our START submission page to transmit all the required information for us to begin putting together your application.
- Receive a fully completed application for simple signature capture.
- Coordinate the payment of appropriate USCG fees with our staff.
- Work closely with our experienced evaluators to close any open items that may prevent submission.
- Diamond Marine Services staff then transmits your application to the USCG on your behalf and remains available for you until you are either approved to test, or if no test is required, until your credential is issued!
Check out some recent reviews of our service
Can’t say enough good things here! The folks at DMS were a huge help in my recent license renewal. Sam helped me navigate the complex rules to make sure I recieved my new MMC on time and more importantly without any holdups from the NMC due to lack of or incorrect information from my end. An absolute pleasure and would highly recommend their service to any Mariner looking to submit for any type of paperwork with the NMC and USCG. Thanks guys!
The speed, knowledge and attention to detail were very impressive. Adding in how simple the whole process was made, I will certainly be a repeat customer, have sent numerous people and will continue to do so.
This is the 5th time I have renewed my license, and by far, it has been the easiest and most streamlined process I have ever experienced. These guys know what they are doing! Upon submittal of my massive stack of paperwork, review/error trapping by the DMS team, my renewal process was underway. I received my new MMD in 17 days!!! If you want your renewal/upgrade/new endorsement process done right, look no further. I will be sharing my experience with my co-workers, and I highly recommend to any mariner, well seasoned or green, to check these guys out. You will not be disappointed in the service they provide.
How much does this cost?
The cost of our service depends on the application we are preparing on your behalf. The consulting fees are broken out into three tiers. At the bottom of this page, you can choose additional optional services.
- Original Entry Level MMC to include OS, Wiper, Steward’s Department and Food Handler
- Duplicate Credential
- Original MMC with a rating such as AB, QMED, Lifeboatman, Tankerman
- Renewal of any credential with rating endorsements and/or officer endorsements
- Modification or Increase-In-Scope- Any rating or officer endorsement
- Raise-In-Grade – Officer endorsements
- Original MMC – Officer endorsements
Ready to submit your information?
What if I only need some guidance?
Are you are considering an upgrade or renewal and not quite sure if you have enough sea service? Do you want to upgrade your credential in the future and want some guidance as to what can you do to prepare or what you qualify for? If so, then you should check out our SEA SERVICE EVALUATION. NOTE: 100% of the cost of this service will be credited towards a future application!
Enable our staff to process the appropriate USCG application & issuance fees on your behalf. The exact amount of the fee for your application will be coordinated with you prior to submission.
Sea Service Evaluation
The Sea Service Evaluation allows you to submit sea service records as a first step to see what credential you qualify for. It may also be used to answer the question: “if I want to go for a higher license, how much time and on what tonnage does it have to be for me to qualify?”
NOTE: 100% of the cost of this service will be credited towards a future application!
RUSH 48 – 2 Business Day turnaround
The RUSH fee guarantees a fully prepared application for USCG submission within 2 business days. Application submission is only possible if the mariner provides us with all required documentation and presumes the submitted information is in order.
Records Request Service
This optional service enables the credential consulting team to request records of previously submitted certificates and applications from the National Maritime Center on your behalf
Scanning & Handling Service
Paper application processing option for mariners that prefer to mail supporting documentation to our office