Tired of sifting through CFRs and NMC checklists wondering if you have enough sea time or completed the necessary requirements for an upgrade? Have you experienced delays or even have a license expire due to an issue with a previous application? Diamond Marine Services is pleased to that announce that an experienced former National Maritime Center evaluator has joined our credential consulting team. We now make it even easier to submit your raise-in-grade or renewal applications.
Once you partner with our consulting team, Diamond Marine Services will:
- Ensure you apply for the highest possible credential
- Pre-fill any required forms so all you have to do is sign the application
- Collect, organize, and prepare all medical, drug test, sea service, and course completion certificates for submission
- Have your application vetted prior to submission to ensure all forms are properly filled out
- Pay any USCG evaluation and issuance fees
- Electronically file your application directly with the USCG (if possible)
- Reduce hassle by handling communication with the NMC on your behalf
- Represent you through a formal appeal process if necessary
Diamond Marine Services not only takes all the hassle out of applying for a raise-in-grade or renewal, we formally evaluate your application by a professional using the same process as the NMC.
If you are interested in our services, please register by clicking on the button below:
"There are some tasks in life that layman undertake without professional assistance at significant risk. Three that come to mind are surgery, federal income tax preparation, and applying for a USCG mariner credential. 80% of applications are filled out incompletely or incorrectly, resulting in frustration and delays for the mariner."
Richard Wells, Vice President of the Offshore Marine Services Association
Marine News, Jan. 2009
Credential Consulting Fees
|Type||Applying For||DMS Consulting Fee||USCG Evaluation Fee||USCG Issuance Fee||Total|
|Original||Ordinary Seaman, Wiper, Steward's Department and Food Handler||$75.00||$95.00||$45.00||$225.00*|
|Original||Able-Seaman, Qualified Member of the Engineering Department, Lifeboatman, Tankerman||$100.00||$95.00||$45.00||$250.00*|
|Upgrade||Able-Seaman, Qualified Member of the Engineering Department, Tankerman||$100.00||$95.00||$45.00||$250.00*|
|Original||3rd Mate, 2nd Mate, Chief Mate, Master Unlimited, 3rd /E, 2nd A/E, 1st A/E, Chief Engineer Unlimited||$250.00||$100.00||$45.00||$405.00*|
|Original||All other officer ratings not listed above||$250.00||$100.00||$45.00||$405.00*|
|Raise of Grade||All||$200.00||$100.00||$45.00||$355.00*|
*Includes a $10.00 processing fee